Name: Amal K Saha
Email: [email protected]
- Masters of Science in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, India.
- Ph.D. in Physics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
- Research Topics – accelerator based atomic physics and X-ray spectroscopy of laser produced plasma.
- Postdoctoral Fellow at Max Planck Institute, Munich, Germany.
- Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C-CISO) from EC Council
He has a blend of academic and industry experience. Since completion of Masters in Physics, he has 22 and a half years of experience.
Although he has been involved in informal teaching since last three years, SGT University is the first place where he would be teaching formally.
In industry, he held senior positions (e.g., Senior Manager (IT) at Morgan Stanley, VP (IT) at J.P. Morgan Chase, Lead Architect at Mahindra Comviva and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at Cratuz Technology Private Ltd. He worked in Germany and India during the industry and academic career.
He is very passionate about leveraging technology to improve the learning experience of the millennials and adopted this in his style of pedagogy.
There are two broad categories of interest – Physics and cyber security. Physics is the main area of interest.
Topics – accelerator based atomic physics and X-ray spectroscopy of laser produced plasma.
- Projectile 1s Electron Loss in Collision Systems F8++ C and O7+ + C , Physica Scripta Volume 1999 T80B, Amal K Saha, L C Tribedi, K V Thulasi Ram, K G Prasad and P N Tandon
- L x-rays from 64 MeV iodine projectiles in collision with various gas targets, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical PhysicsVolume 31Number 8 (1998), Amal K Saha, B B Dhal, K V Thulasi Ram, H C Padhi, M B Kurup, K G Prasad and P N Tandon
- Ionization studies of channelled hydrogen-like F ions in a Si single crystal, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, Volume 32, Issue 6, pp. 1429-1438 (1999), AmalK Saha, M B Kurup, K G Prasad, , P N Tandon, I Bray
- Periodic variation in the I- and Ag-projectile Lβ1-to-Lα x-ray intensity ratio with the target atomic number, Physical Review A (Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics), Volume 57, Issue 6, June 1998, pp.4413-4419, Amal K Saha, B B Dhal, U Tiwari, M B Kurup, H C Padhi, K G Prasad, P N Tandon
- 5. An electrostatic charge state selector for ion-atom collisions: Design, spectral line-shapes and performance, Pramana, May 1998, Volume 50,Issue 5, pp 433-445, Amal K Saha, K V Thulasi Ram, L C Tribedi, W A Fernandes, S D Narvekar, V Nanal, M B Kurup, K G Prasad and P N Tandon
- Absolute keV X-ray Yields from Intense Ultrashort Laser Driven Solid Plasmas, Optics Communications, volume 158, Issues 1–6, 15 December 1998, Pages 72–76, Sudeep Banerjee, G.R. Kumar, A.K. Saha and L.C. Tribedi
- Subshell Resolved L-K Electron Transfer and Ionization of Yb with Si Ion Impact, Physica Scripta,Volume T80, 391-392, 1999, Amal K Saha, L.C. Tribedi, B B Dhal, U Tiwari and P N Tandon
- Saturation in the K-shell Excitation of 120 MeV S14+Ions in Interaction with Gas Targets, Physica Scripta,Volume T80, 393-395, 1999, U Tiwari, Amal K Saha, B B Dhal, L C Tribedi, M B Kurup, P N Tandon and L Gulyas
Speaking Engagements in Cyber Security Conferences:
Speaker at CISO Platform Annual Summit 2013, Future of Secure Mobile Payments – From Zero-Effort-Payment to Mobile Trusted Module (MTM), http://www.slideshare.net/cisoplatform7/future-of-secure-mobile-payments-amal-saha, Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xfIkLKWlko
Roundtable Speaker (Panelist), CISO Platform Annual Summit 2013, How to securely adopt Cloud? Speakers: Dhiraj Barpujary (The Institution of Engineers),Suresh Kumar (Grant Thornton), Amal Saha (Mahindra Comviva), Gopinathan K (Wipro Infotech Limited), Ajay Rajak (Avika Group), Manish Dave(Holcim Services Ltd), Vineeth Narasimhan (MaaS 360), Ulf Mattsson (Protegrity),Bharat Panchal (National Payment Corporations)
Roundtable Speaker (Panelist), CISO Platform Annual Summit 2014, Future of CISO – Planning the Career Roadmap – Speakers – Vikash Barai (iViZ), Yuvnesh Modi (author of “The Game Changers”), Amal Saha (Lead Architect at Mahindra Comviva), I D Ganeshan (IDGIZE), Arindam Roy, Deb Maes, Nitin Chauhan (RBL)
- D. Fellowship for research in Physics at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR).
- Postdoctoral Fellowship at Max Planck Institute, Munich, Germany.
- Information Technology and Cyber Security: VP (Technology) at J.P. Morgan Chase, Lead Architect at Mahindra Comviva, Head of Research of Mobile and Application Security at SecureMatrix Global Pvt Ltd, CTO at Cratuz Technology Pvt Ltd.
- Top-100 CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) Award 2014 from CISO Platform.