|Name||Dr. Mukesh Kumar|
|Designation||HOD & Associate Professor|
|Total Years of Work Experience||12 Years|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Teching Interests||Solid State Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Electronics, Engineering Physics|
|Research Interests||Thin Films Processing & characterization, Materials Science, Nanocrystalline Ni and TiN matrix nanocomposite, Magnetic Hyperthermia|
|Achievements and Awards||(1) Post-Doctoral Fellowships(2013-2014) at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
(2) Institute fellowship (2009-2013) at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
(3) GATE fellowships (2007-2009) at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
(4) Prize for 2nd best poster in the theme area of Science & Technology of Materials at IIM-NMD-ATM 2012, Jamshedpur.
(5) Member of organization committee of nation conference on “Solid State Nuclear Trace Detector-19” November 19-21, 2015, organised at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar NIT Jalandhar
(6) A Sharma, N Kumar, Mukesh Kumar, A Tin Silver-Plating Bath Using Methane Sulfonate For Low Alpha Solder Bumping, Patent Number: 2021104459, Filed : 2021-07-23, GRANTED : 2021-10-27
1. Mukesh Kumar, Ashutosh Sharma, Microstructure, mechanical and nano-tribological properties of Ni, Ni-TiN and Ni90Cu10-TiN films processed by reactive magnetron co-sputtering, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering (Accepted), (SCI)
2. Mukesh Kumar, Madhavi, J R Ansari, Analysis of the heating ability by varying the size of Fe3O4 magnetic nanoparticles for hyperthermia, Nanoscience and Technology: An International Journal (Accepted), December 2021 (SCOPUS).
3. Mukesh Kumar, Effect of copper concentrations on microstructure, residual stress and corrosion behavior of Ni100−x-Cux alloy films processed by magnetron co-sputtering, Letters on Materials 11 (2021) 462-466 (SCIE).
4. Mukesh Kumar “ Effect of alloying with Cu and TiN addition on the electrochemical behavior of nanocrystalline Ni processed by magnetron sputtering, Letters on Materials 11(3), (2021) 315-320.
5. Mukesh Kumar, J R Ansari, M. T. Beig “Studies on superparamagnetic behaviour of Ni100- xCux alloy films deposited by DC magnetron sputtering” Materials Research Innovations. 2021, 1-6, https://doi.org/10.1080/14328917.2021.1987069
6. Effect of substrate bias on surface morphology, electrical and optical properties of sputter-deposited nanocrystalline NiO films. Materials Today Proceedings, 26 (20) 82-86. Publisher: Elsevier, ISSN: 2214-7853, Scopus Indexed, https://doi.org/10.
7. Mukesh Kumar, Rahul Mitra, “Studies on microstructure, residual stress, electrical and magnetic properties of nano-crystalline Ni-Cu alloy thin films deposited by DC magnetron co-sputtering” Materials Research Express 6(2019)126408
8. Mukesh Kumar, Effect of substrate temperature on surface morphology and optical properties of sputter deposited nanocrystalline NiO films. Materials Research Express 6 (2019)096404.
9. Mukesh Kumar, NP Shetti, Magnetron sputter deposited NiCu alloy catalysts for production of hydrogen through electrolysis in alkaline water. Material Science for Energy Technologies. 1 (2018) 160–165.
10. Mukesh Kumar, Rahul Mitra “Effect of substrate temperature and annealing on structure, stress and properties of reactively co-sputtered Ni-TiN nanocomposite thin films” Thin Solid Films, 624 (2017) 70-82.
11. Mukesh Kumar, Rahul Mitra “ Effect of substrate bias on structure and properties of Ni-TiN nanocomposite thin films deposited by reactive RF/DC magnetron co-sputtering system” Surface & Coatings Technology, 251 (2014) 239-246.
12. Mukesh Kumar, Suman Mishra, R. Mitra,“Effect of Ar:N2 ratio on structure and properties of Ni-TiN nanocomposite thin films processed by reactive RF/DC magnetron sputtering” Surface & Coatings Technology 228 (2013) 100-114.
13. Banerjee, Neelam Kumari, Ashish K. Singh , Mukesh Kumar “Influence of RF power on the electrical and mechanical properties of nano-structured carbon nitride thin films deposited by RF magnetron sputtering” Thin Solid Films 518 (2010) 7240–7244.
14. Book Name: Shape Memory Composites Based on Polymers and Metals for 4D Printing Chapter Name: Nitinol-Based Shape-Memory Alloys, ISNB: 978-3-030-94113-0, Publisher: Springer Nature By Dr Mukesh Kumar,
15. Bharat Sharma, Mukesh Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Ashutosh Sharma, Boron Nitride Nanotubes Modified on a Lead-Free Solder Alloy for Microelectromechanical Packaging, ACS Appl. Nano Mater. 2022, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsanm.2c03382
16. M T Beig, Mukesh Kumar, Yogesh Sharma, Bhoopesh Kumar Sharma, A Terahertz/Millimeter-wave based detection and imaging system using antenna-coupled microbolometer, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2335 (2022) 012005.
|Conferences, Seminars & Workshops||
Papers presented at International and National Conferences
(1) Mukesh Kumar, Studies on the effect of substrate temperature and vacuum annealing on the microstructure and electrical properties of reactive magnetron sputtered NiO films” International conference on Advances in Smart Materials & Emerging Technologies (ASMET-2020), Jan 23-24, 2020 organized by IGDTUW, Delhi.
(2) Apeel Kaushik, Ekta Sharma, Mansi Jain, Mukesh Kumar “Magnetic hyperthermia for destruction of tumor cells” International conference on Advances in Smart Materials & Emerging Technologies (ASMET-2020), Jan 23-24, 2020 organized by IGDTUW, Delhi.
(3) Apeel Kaushik, Anuj, Mukesh Kumar presented a poster on Application of Nanotribology in energy saving, at IC-STS 2019 organized by SGT university and was awarded best poster presentation for the same.
(4) Mukesh Kumar, Rahul Mitra “Effect of copper concentrations on microstructure, residual stress and corrosion behaviour of Ni100-x-Cux alloy thin films deposited by magnetron co-sputtering” ICSM-2019, Feb 24-25, 2019 organized by Center for Advanced Materials (CAM), Qatar University, Doha.
(5) Mukesh Kumar “Studies on microstructure and electrical properties of RF magnetron sputter deposited NiO films” ICONSEA-2018, October 5-6, 2018, organized by Center for Advanced Materials (CAM), Qatar University and Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
(6) Mukesh Kumar, Rahul Mitra, Effect of residual stress on magnetic properties of the NiCu alloy films processed by DC magnetron sputtering, ISFM-2018, April 13-15, 2018, organized by IIT Kanpur, UIC USA, PU Chandigarh.
(7) Mukesh Kumar, Effect of addition of alloying element (Cu) to Ni matrix on structure and properties of Ni-TiN thin films deposited by reactive magnetron co-sputtering, SSNTDs-19, November 19-21, 2015, NIT Jalandhar.
(8) Mukesh Kumar, R. Mitra, Study on microstructure and electrical properties of magnetron sputter deposited Ni-TiN nanocomposite thin films, India – Singapore Joint Physics Symposium, February 25-27, 2013, IIT Kharagpur.
(9) Mukesh Kumar, Suman Mishra, R. Mitra, Influence of argon to nitrogen gas flow rate on the structure-properties relationships of Ni-TiN nanocomposite thin films processed by reactive RF/DC magnetron sputtering, IIM-NMD-ATM 2012, Jamshedpur (Awarded 2nd best poster prize)
(10) Mukesh Kumar, Suman Mishra, R. Mitra, Effect of substrate bias on the structure-properties of Ni-TiN nanocomposite thin films processed by RF/DC magnetron sputtering, ICAMMP-2011(International Conference on Advances in Materials and Materials Processing), December 9-11, 2011, IIT Kharagpur
Workshops/ Short Term Courses
(1) 17th NAMIS workshop “Micro- and nanosystems for fundamental, medical and industrial applications” November 25-27, 2019, Organized by India Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-B) & CNRS in Victor Menezes Convention Center (VMCC), IIT-B, Mumbai, India.
(2) Summer Faculty Research Fellow Program, June 3-July 14, 2019, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India.
(3) Workshop on “SciLab” May 4, 2018, Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University Gurgaon-122001, Delhi-NCR, India
(4) 6th Capacity Building Program, April 27-28, 2018, Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University Gurgaon-122001, Delhi-NCR, India.
(5) Pedagogic and Personal Effectiveness Workshop, in Faculty Development Program Jan 10-12, 2017, Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary University Gurgaon-122001, Delhi-NCR, India
(6) DST-SERC School on “Science & Technology of Processing Plasmas” December 15-27, 2008, B.I.T Mesra, Ranchi
(7) School on Pulse Power Technology Conducted by Power Beam Society of India, March 17-21, 2009, BARC Mumbai
(8) Short Term Course on Design & Development of Advanced Materials Sponsored by Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) March 23-27, 2009, B.I.T Mesra, Ranchi
(9) DST-SERC School on “Texture & Microstructure” October 25-29, 2010, IIT Madras
(10) Short Term Course on Advances in Nuclear and Particle Physics: Present and Future Sponsored by TEQIP-II, February 07-12, 2016, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
(11) Short Term Course on Advances in Material Science and Material Engineering Sponsored by TEQIP-II, August 08-14, 2016, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
(12) Short Term Course on Recent Advances in Nanostructured Materials Sponsored by TEQIP-II, September 19-23, 2016, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
(13) Short Term Course on Current Opportunities and New Direction in Chemical Sciences by TEQIP-II, December 07-13, 2015, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar