|Name||Dr. Bhawana Joshi|
|Qualification||PhD Forensic Science|
|Total Years of Work Experience||5+ years|
|Total Teaching Experience||–|
|Total Corporate Experience||–|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Teaching Interests||Forensic Biology & Serology, Forensic Entomology, Forensic Medicine,Instrumentation|
|Research Interests||Forensic DNA Fingerpritng, Forensic Biology and Serology|
1. Thakar M, Joshi B, Shrivastava P, Raina A, Lalwani S. An assessment of preserved DNA in decomposed biological materials by using forensic DNA typing. Egypt J Forensic Sci 2019; 9(46):1-9.
2. Thakar M, Joshi B, Shrivastava P. (2020) Usefulness of Mini-STRs in analyzing degraded DNA samples and their forensic relevance. In Shrivastava, P., Dash, H.R., Lorente, J.A., Imam, J. (Eds.), Forensic DNA typing: Principles, Applications and Advancements, Springer doi 10.1007/978-981-15-6655-4.
|Conferences, Seminars & Workshops||
1. Participated in 10th International conference of the Indo-Pacific association of law, medicine and science (INPALMS-2010) held at AIFS, Amity University, Noida, (25-30 October, 2010).
2. Workshop on “Basic Molecular biology Techniques”(27th-30th October 2014) held at Sophisticated Instrument Centre (under DBT-IPLS Project) Punjabi University, Patiala.
3. Attended one day UGC- SAP seminar on ‘Forensic Toxicology’ at Punjabi University, Patiala on05/09/2015.
4. ‘International Fingerprint Research Group (IFRG 2015)’ Meeting at Punjabi University, Patiala (19/10/15 – 23/10/15).
5. Seminar on “Applications of Next Generation Sequencing in Forensic Genomics” at Eros Hotel, Nehru Place, New Delhi (16/12/15).
6. National Conference on Forensic Science from 19/12/2016-21/12/2016 at Punjabi University, Patiala.
7. National Conference on Forensic Science from 19/12/2016-21/12/2016 at Punjabi University, Patiala.
8. Paper presentation entitled “Performance evaluation of DNA extraction methods for examining degraded visceral tissues encountered in forensic situations” at International Conference on Advances in Forensic DNA Technology (ICAFDT-2018) held at Bundelkhand University, Jhansi from 22/02/2018-24/02/2018.