Name: Dr Kamlesh Sharma
Designation: Associate Professor
Email: [email protected]
- PostDoc,SUNY at Binghamton and UIC at Chicago, USA
- PhD (Organic Chemistry),JamiaMilliaIslamia (Central University), New Delhi
- MSc(Organic Chemistry),JamiaMilliaIslamia (Central University), New Delhi
- BSc (Chemistry Honours), JamiaMilliaIslamia (Central University), New Delhi
Dr Kamlesh Sharma joined SGT University in August 2017 as an Associate Professor. She has 15 years of Academic experience including Teaching and Research. After completing her PhD in Organic Chemistry, she went Mexico to work as a Postdoctoral Investigator at the National Autonomous University of Mexico at Mexico City. Subsequently, to enhance her research experience, she worked as postdoctoral research fellow at various universities at Abroad, which includes the University of Pretoria (SOUTH AFRICA), University of Illinois at Chicago (USA), State University at New York – Binghamton (USA), WITS University, Johannesburg (SOUTH AFRICA). She was also a visiting scholar at the University of Madison at Madison City (USA). After returning back to India, she is contributing her services to various academic institutions in teaching different courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level such as Engineering Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, EVS, Organic Chemistry, Heterocyclic Chemistry, Natural Products, Physical Chemistry, Research Methodology, etc.
- Research Work
- During her Postdoctoral research she worked at the University of Illinois at Chicago and University of Wisconsin – Madison (USA) under the supervision of Prof Daesung Lee. She gain experience in Synthesis and computational study of various spiroketals.
- At the University of Witwatersrand (South Africa), she worked with Dr Stephen Pelly. The research topic was the Novel Antimalarial Agents targeting Plasmodium falciparum spermidine synthase by way of rational based drug design.
- At the University of Pretoria (South Africa), she worked with Dr Lynn Pilcher on Stereoselective Synthesis of the cysteine butadiene Metabolite.
- During her Postdoctoral Investigator work at the Biomedical Institute,National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, she worked under the guidance of Principal Scientist Dr Carlos KubliGarfias. She was involved in Computational investigation of steroid-enzyme interaction.
- During her PhD at the JamiaMilliaIslamia (A Central University), New Delhi, she worked under the supervision of Prof KishwarSaleem on synthesis of heterocyclic organic compounds with special reference to steroids.
- She is the author or co-author of 21 research articles in SCI indexed Journals such as Chemistry-An Asian Journal, Current Drug Targets, Journal of Fluorescence, Journal of Molecular Structure, SpectrochimicaActa Part A: Mol. Biomol. Spectroscopy, Synthetic Communication, J. Steroid Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Journal of Molecular Modeling,Steroids,Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry,Synthetic Communication, etc.
- Her research interest is in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Physical Organic Chemistry, Computational Chemistry: Molecular Modeling, Quantum Chemistry, Molecules of interest / experience are Heterocyclic compounds, Steroids, Spiroketals, Adenosine, Cysteine, Indole, Anthocyanin, flavanol, Carbohydrates.
- Achievements /Awards
- SAMI Postdoc Fellow, WITS University, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Research Assistant, State University at New York – Binghamton, USA
- Postdoc Research Associate, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Visiting Scholar, University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA
- UP Postdoctorate Award, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Postdoc Investigator, UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico
- SRF-CSIR, New Delhi, India