Name: Dr. Manbir Singh
Designation: Assistant Professor
Email: [email protected]
- D. (Environmental Science & Engg.), Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar
- Sc. (Environmental Science), Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar
- Sc. (Biology), Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Dr Manbir Singh joined SGT University in January, 2016 as an Assistant Professor. He has 08 years of Academic experience including Teaching and Research. He has worked in a major research project of Department of Atomic Energy and Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (DAE- BRNS) entitled “Ecological risk assessment of Narora Atomic Power Station, Narora, India”, as Senior Research Fellow at Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar. His major research areas included Radioactivity analysis, Elemental speciation behaviour in soil and plants, Environmental Toxicity; Soil, Water and Air quality assessment and pollutants’ behaviour in different environmental matrices.
- Research Work:
- During his Ph.D. entitled as “Quantification of Selected Stable and Unstable Elements in Agricultural System around NAPS, NARORA, INDIA” (under the guidance of Prof. V. K Garg ) and the DAE-BRNS research project, he had experience in analysis of radionuclides and metals present in the different environmental matrices and dose estimation due to their exposure.
- He is the author or co-author of 05 research articles in indexed Journals and 03 full length conference papers.
- His major research interests include Conservation strategies, Environmental radioactivity monitoring, Elemental speciation behaviour in soil and plants, Hazard identification and risk assessment, Environmental Toxicity, Soil and water quality improvement.
- Achievements and Awards:
- UGC-NET for Lectureship Qualified (June-2008)
- DAE – BRNS Research Fellowship (2009 – 2013)