Name: Dr Mukesh Kumar
Designation: Assistant Professor
- PDF (Titanium Alloys), Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore
- Ph.D.(Nickel based nanocomposite coatings), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IITKGP)
- M.Tech. (Material Science), Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- M.Sc. (Physics),DeenDayalUpadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
- B.Sc.(PCM), DeenDayalUpadhyaya Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
Dr Mukesh Kumar has joined SGT University as an Assistant Professor in January 2017and has more than 10 years of experience in research and teaching with extensive knowledge of physics and material science.He started his career from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, as a Post-DoctoralResearch Associate. He worked on the project entitled “Processing, structure, texture and crystal plasticity of two phase titanium alloys” sponsored by Boeing Co., USA. After that he joined as an Assistant Professor in the department of physics at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar. He has published 05 papers in international journals like Thin solid films, Surface and Coatings Technology etc. and participated in many international and nation conferences.
- Research Work
- He joined as M.Tech student (2007) at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi. The title of the M. Tech project as part of degree requirement was Studies on surface morphology and mechanical properties of carbon nitride thin films deposited by magnetron sputtering, guided by Prof. P.K. Barhi.
- He worked as Ph.D. student (2009 to 2013) at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharapur, under supervision of Prof. Rahul Mitra on the topic “Processing and structure-property relations of Ni-TiNnanocomposite thin films deposited by reactive magnetron co-sputtering”
- He worked as Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (2013-2014) at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, under the guidance of Prof. Satyam Suwas on the topic “Processing-Microstructure-Texture relationship in Ti5553 alloys”
- He joined as an Assistant professor (Jan 2015 to Dec 2016) at National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar.He was involved in research as well as in teaching to B.Tech. and M.Sc. students at NIT Jalandhar.
- Achievements and Awards
- Post-Doctoral Fellowships(2013-2014) at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Institute fellowship (2009-2013) at Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur
- GATE fellowships (2007-2009) at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi
- Prize for 2nd best poster in the theme area of Science & Technology of Materials at IIM-NMD-ATM 2012, Jamshedpur.
- Member of organization committee of nation conference on “Solid State Nuclear Trace Detector-19” November 19-21, 2015, organised at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar NIT Jalandhar