Name: Dr. Nutan Sharma
Designation: Assistant Professor
Email: [email protected]
- PhD (synthetic organic chemistry), University of Delhi
- M.Sc (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Banasthali University, Rajasthan
- B.Sc. (General), Govt. Girls College, Gurugram
- Working as Assistant Professor, SGT University, Gurugram since February 2018
- Worked as Assistant Professor (Guest Faculty) in Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi
- Worked as Rsearch Associate (DST-SERB Project) in Organic Synthesis Research Laboratory, ARSD College, University of Delhi in the field of natural product chemistry.
- Worked as DST INSPIRE Fellow in Organic Synthesis Research Laboratory, ARSD College, University of Delhi during Ph.D. in the field of fluorinated heterocyclic compounds.
- Worked as Research Chemist in Medicinal Chemistry Division in Sphaera Pharma Pvt. Ltd. (IMT Manesar), Haryana.
- Worked as Research Associate in Organic Synthesis division in Jubilant Chemsys (Noida).
- Research Work
My Post doctoral research work was focused on the retrosynthetic approach for the synthesis of biologically important natural products. Moreover, my Ph.D. research work was focused on the development of interesting, simple, efficient widely applicable strategy for synthesis of α-oxoketene dithioacetals, their fluorinated and trifluoromethylated analogs & their further exploitation for synthesis of biologically important heterocycles. While working from conceptualization to implementation i synthesized around 200 molecules including synthons as well as target compounds. This work has been published in the form of 13 publications in the journals of international repute.
- Achievements /Awards
- DST INSPIRE Fellowship for pursuing Ph.D.(awarded to Gold medalist students)
- Gold Medalist at Post graduate level
- State Level Topper at 10+2 Level in Science
- Best Poster presentation award in International conference (FCASI-2017), University of Rajasthan, Jaipur