An Educational visit to” Solid State Physics Laboratory(SSPL), Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Timarpur, Delhi, was organized by the Department of Physics, Faculty of Physical Sciences, SGT University on Tuesday, 24th April, 2018 with the consideration to give exposure to our students about research and development activities in the world-renowned research laboratory in solid state Physics & Physics of Materials. Thirty-two students (Postgraduate & undergraduate) along with coordinator Dr R.C.Sharma, Professor, Department of Physics and Dr Sunanda, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, visited SSPL to understand the latest research and technological advancement in the field of semiconductor physics.
In the afternoon at 12.30 P.M. we reached at SSPL. At the DRDO gate, we were welcomed by Mr Rajeev Kumar, Technical Officer and Mr NeerajKumar, Senior Technical Assistant SSPL. After getting entry pass, we entered in the DRDO campus. The administration served snacksand tea to our team.
In the learning session, students were divided in two batches for the visit to research labs. Mr NeerajKumar, explained the research activities in an excellent way. Entire fabrication process of Integrated circuits technology was demonstrated. Material characterization and latest development in materials used in high power and high-frequency application devices was explained. The GaN, high electron mobility Transistor was center of attraction.Our students had a very informative and interactive session with Dr Sunil Kumar, Scientist D where they were also motivated to select their area of interest in research NET preparation.
Outcomes of the visit are:
- Students gained experience of how the research activities are executed.
- They understand how the theoretical knowledge is realized in actual practice to make useful devices for the benefit of society.
- Research organization has been the center of attraction for the research oriented students. Such exposurehelp them to identify their prospective areas of research.
- It helped in enhancing interpersonal skills and communication techniques
- Such exposure develop the sense of responsibility among the students to work in a learning environment with security and safety.
Date of Visit: 24th April, 2018( Timing 9.30 A.M. – 4P.M.)
Name & Address of Organization: Solid State Physics Laboratory, Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), Timarpur, Delhi