Department of Environmental Science, Faculty of Physical Science organized Environmental Awareness Camp at Khera Khuram Pur Village, Gurugram. The following points have been discussed with local villagers during this camp:
- Discussed with farmers for technical cultivation practices for the month of February.
- Discussed preventive measures for fruit borer of brinjal at farmers field and advised the farmers to follow rationing of crop to control the problem.
- Demonstrated the impact of hailstorms on wheat and mustard.
- Inspected the waterlogged wheat fields.
- Visited wheat lodged fields at different locations in the village.
- Discussed with Sarpanch about the previous work done and future strategies in the field of agricultural sciences.
- Discussed with farmers regarding the impacts of polluted water on the crops, ground water quality and human health.
- Discussed with Sarpanch regarding constructing the boundary wall around the water body.