An industrial visit to “Key Research & Development Centre”, was organized by the Department of Chemistry on Saturday, 21st April, 2018. Thirty five students (Post graduate & undergraduate) and two faculties visited to Key Research & Development Centre to understand the latest technologies and developments in the field of research.
In the afternoon at 1 P.M. we reached Key Research & Development Centre. At first, all the students were addressed by the Head, Key Research & Development Centre to give students information regarding the type of work being done in that organization. Students were divided in two batches for the visit to labs. Students visited Organic synthesis and Analytical labs. They had a very informative and interactive session with the Head, Key Research & Development Centre where they were also motivated to select their area of interest in research.
Outcomes of the visit are:
- Students gained experience of how industry operations are executed.
- Industry visit played a role of bridging the gap between theoretical training and practical learning in a real-life environment.
- With industry visit, students were able to better identify their prospective areas of work in the overall organizational function.
- It helped in enhancing interpersonal skills and communication techniques.
- Students became more aware of industry practices and regulations during industry visits.
- Students experienced the importance of working safely.
Date of Visit: 21st April, 2018 ( Timing 9A.M. – 4P.M.)
Name & Address of Organization: Key Research & Development Centre, Unit of Crystal Crop protection Ltd., VPO Nathupur, Sonipat (Haryana)