Methods of Applied Mathematics (Code-09050505)
|S.No.||Topic||Domain||Hours as per UGC|
|1||· Solution of 3D Laplace||Must know||10|
|· Wave and heat equations in spherical polar co-ordinates by the method of separation of variables|
|· Fourier series solution of the wave equation|
|· Transformation of boundary value problems|
|2||· Fourier series solution of the heat equation||Must know||15|
|· Steady-state temperature in plates|
|· The heat and wave equations in unbounded domains|
|· Fourier transform solution of BVPs|
|· The heat equation in an infinite cylinder and in a solid sphere|
|3||· Hankel transform of elementary functions||Must know||15|
|· Operational properties of the Hankel transform|
|· Applications of Hankel transforms to PDE|
|· Definitions and basic properties of finite Fourier sine and cosine transforms|
|· Its application to the solutions of BVP’s and IVP’s|
|4||· Moments and products of inertia||Must know||12|
|· Angular momentum of a rigid body|
|· Principal axes and principal moment of inertia of a rigid body|
|· Kinetic energy of a rigid body rotating about a fixed point|
|· Momental ellipsoid and equimomental systems|
|· Coplanar mass distributions|
|· General motion of a rigid body|
- Jerri, A.J. ,Introduction to Integral Equations with applications.
- Lokenath Debnath, Integral Transforms and their Applications, CRC Press, Inc., 1995.
- Peter V. O”Neil, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 4th, An International Thomson Publishing Company,
- Sneddon, I.N., Special Function of Mathematical Physics and Chemistry
- Sneddon, I.N., Elements of Partial Differential equation, Printice Hall, McGraw Hill.
- Chorlton, F., Dynamics, CBS Publishers Ans Distributers.