Name: Prof (Dr.) R.C.Sharma
Designation: Professor & Head
Email: [email protected]
- Ph.D. (Physics – Infra red Spectroscopy), M. D. University Rohtak. Research centre at National Physical Laboratory New Delhi.
- UGC Teacher Fellowship for Ph.D. Programme.
- Phil. (Physics – Solid State Electronics), First Position with Distinction, Kurukshetra University.
- M.Sc. (Physics – Electronics), Agra University.
- B.Sc. Punjab University.
Prof. R.C.Sharma has joined SGT University Gurugram as Professor in September 2016 and has 40 years of experience in the field of Teaching & Research as per detail given below.
- Presently working as Professor and Head, Post Graduate Department of Physics, Faculty of Physical Sciences, SGT University Gurugram, Haryana (India).
- Worked as Professor (Physics), Department of Applied Sciences, Dronacharya College of Engineering Gurgaon (Affiliated to M.D.University Rohtak), From July 16, 2012 to August 19, 2016.
- Worked as Professor, Department of Physics, Lingya’s University, Faridabad ( From July 01,2011 to September 30,2011)
- Worked as Associate Professor [Haryana Educational Services, H.E.S (I)], Dronacharya Government College Gurgaon (From January 01, 2006 to March 31, 2011).
- Worked as Lecturer, Senior Lecturer and Selection Grade Lecturer [Haryana Educational Services, H.E.S.(II)] in Government College Narnaul, Jawaharlal Nehru Government College Faridabad and Dronacharya Government College Gurgaon (From August 16,1977 to 31 December 2005).
- Research has been the continuous process during the service carrier
- Associated with National Physical Laboratory, India Meteorological Society, Physical Research Laboratory, Indian Physics Association (BARC), Science & Education Publishing (USA), and Global Journals Inc. (USA) etc. for research program.
- Research work
- Main areas of Interest are Applied Physics, Physics of Material, Electronics, Nuclear Physics, Spectroscopy, Energy, Study of Minor Constituents in the Atmosphere, Atmospheric & Earth Sciences, Atmospheric pollution and Environmental Protection, Photovoltaic & Remote sensing.
- A Study of Scintillation of Radio Signals Transmitted from ETS – II Geostationary Satellite (Study of Ionosphere) during Master of Philosophy programme at Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra.
- A Study of Minor Neutral Constituents in the Atmosphere using Solar Infrared Spectroradiometer during Doctor of Philosophy programme at National Physical Laboratory New Delhi.
- Published 30 research papers in Peer reviewed International Journals/ Proceedings of International/National Conferences.
- Attended 36 International/National conferences and presented research papers.
- Attended 33 Workshops/Events.
- Member organizing team for workshops and Orientation/Refresher courses.
- Attended a number of Webinars including Webinar on Research Methodology, Recent Progress in Optical Fiber Communication System, India’s Biggest Renewable Energy Student Competition, Modern Teaching Tools for Engineering Faculty etc. conducted by IUCEE (Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education).
- Gold Medal (First position in India) with 99% marks in course “Physics of Materials” Indian Institute of Technology Madras (July to November, 2015).
- UGC Teacher Fellowship for Ph.D. Programme.
- First Position with Distinction in M.Phil. Examination, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- M.Phil. Scholarship, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- First Position in Refresher Course, Academic Staff College, Assam University Silcher.
- Best Participant, Academic Staff College, Himachal Pradesh University Shimla.
- Essay Award (among best three) National Children Science Congress in Essay writing competition on International Earth Planet year 2008.
- Best Essay Award, Haryana State Level Essay Contest on National Science Day (February 28, 2015).
- Member Editorial Board, American Journal of Environmental Protection (Science and Education Publishing US).
- Member, International Society for Environmental Information Sciences.
- Member, International Association of engineers (IAENG).
- Life Member, Indian Physics Association, Bhabha Atomic Research Center Bombay, India. (ID GL / LM / 13035).
- Life Member, Indian Metrological Society, Mausam Bhawan Lodhi Road, New Delhi, India (ID IMD LM-3001).
- Reviewer, International Journal of Atmospheric Pollution (Science and Education Publishing US)
- Peer Reviewer, Global Journals Inc. (US).
- Member IMets Google Group
- Member IUCEE Virtual Academy.
- Member Board of study, Department of Forensic Science, SGT University.
- Subject Specialist & Resource Person, SCERT Haryana Gurgaon.
- Chaired more than 11 Technical sessions in International Conferences.
- Judge/ Evaluator National Children Science Congress, A programme of National council for Science & Technology Communication, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Worked as Subject Expert, Haryana Public Service Commission for the recruitment of Lecturer in Government Colleges of Haryana.
- Worked as Counselor IGNOU.
- Counselor, SCERT, Haryana, Gurgaon