Paper I : (Theory) Inorganic Chemistry
Code : 09010107
|S. No / Section||Topic||Domain||Hours|
|Atomic Stucture :
1. Idea of de Broglie matter waves, Heisenberg uncertainty principle, atomic orbitals.
2. Quantum numbers, radial and angular wave functions and probability distribution curves, shapes of s ,p, d orbitals
1. General principles of periodic table: Aufbau and Pauli exclusion principles, Hund’s multiplicity rule
2. Electronic configurations of the elements, effective nuclear charge, Slater’srules. Atomic and ionic radii.
3. Ionization energy, electron affinity and electronegativity– definition, methods of determination or evaluation, trends in periodic table (ins & p block elements).
|Covalent Bond :
1. Valence bond theory and its limitations, directional characteristics of covalent bond, various types of hybridization.
2. Shapes of simple inorganic molecules and ions (BeF2, BF3, CH4, PF5, SF6, IF7 SO42-, ClO4- ) Valence shell electron pair repulsion (VSEPR) Theory to NH3, H3O+, SF4, CIF3, ICI2- and H2O.
3. MO theory of hetero nuclear (CO and NO) diatomic molecules, bond strength and bond energy, percentage ionic character from dipole-moment and electro negativity difference
|Nice to know||18|
- Chemistry for Degree Students ( B. Sc I) By Dr. R.L. Madan , S . Chand
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry , J.D Lee (Latest Edition) E.L.B.S.
- University Chemistry 3rd Edition by B H Mahan, Narosa
- Concepts and Models in Inorganic Chemistry , Douglas , McDanial and Alexanderm, John Wiley