Paper I : (Theory) Physical Chemistry
|S. No / Section||Topic||Domain||Hours|
1. Rate of reaction ,rate equation,
2. factors influencing the rate of a reaction – concentration, temperature, pressure, solvent, light, catalyst.
3. Order of a reaction, integrated rate expression for zero order, first order, second and third order reaction.
4. Half life period of a reaction.
5. Methods of determination of order of reaction,
6. Effect of temperature on the rate of reaction – Arrhenius equation.
7. Theories of reaction rate – Simple collision theory for unimolecular and bimolecular collision.
8. Transition state theory of Bimolecular reactions.
1. Electrolytic conduction, factors affecting electrolytic conduction, specific, conductance,
2. molar conductance, equivalent conductance and relation among them, their variation with concentration.
3. Arrhenius theory of ionization, Ostwald’s Dilution Law.
4. 4. Debye- Huckel – Onsager’s equation for strong electrolytes (elementary treatment only)
5. Transport number, definition and determination by Hittorfs methods,(numerical included).
Kohlarausch’s Law, calculation of molar ionic conductance and effect of viscosity temperature & pressure on it. Application of Kohlarausch’s Law in calculation of conductance of weak electrolytes at infinite dilution. Applications of conductivity measurements: determination of degree of dissociation, determination of Ka of acids determination of solubility product of sparingly soluble salts, conductometric titrations. Definition of pH and pKa, Buffer solution, Buffer action, Henderson – Hazel equation, Buffer mechanism of buffer action.
|Nice to know||10|
- Chemistry for Degree Students ( B. Sc I) By Dr. R.L. Madan , S . Chand
- Chemistry for Degree Students ( B. Sc II) By Dr. R.L. Madan , S . Chand
- Essential of Physical Chemistry by Arun Bhal , B.S. Bhal , G.D. Tuli
- Physical Chemistry, Borrow G.M. (2007) Tata McGraw-Hill
- Physical Chemistry, Castellian G.W(2004) 4th Edition Narosa