Statistical Mechanics Sub. Code: 09010405
1.Probability, some probability considerations,
2.Combinations possessing maximum probability
3.Combinations possessing minimum probability,
4. Distribution of molecules in two boxes.
5. Case with weightage (general). Phase space
6.Microstates and macrostates
7. Accessible states,
|Must Know||12 hours|
|2||Statistical Physics and Distribution Law
1. Postulates of Statistical Physics. *Division of Phase space into cells
2.Condition of equilibrium between two systems in thermal contact
4. Entropy and Probability
5. Boltzman’s distribution law.
6. Evaluation of A and B.
7. Bose-Einstein statistics, 8. Application of B.E. 9.Statistics to Planck’s radiation law,
10. B.E. gas.
|Must Know||10 hours|
2. M.B. Laws limiting case of B.E.
4. B.E. condensation.
5. F.D. Gas,
6. Electron gas in metals.
|Must Know||8 hours|