Title- Programming in C and Numerical Methods (Code-09010403
|1||One||1. Programmer’s model of a computer, Algorithms,
2. Flow charts, Data types,
3. Operators and expressions,
4. Input / outputs functions.
Nice to know
|2||Two||1. Decisions control structure,
2. Decision statements, Logical and conditional statements,
3. Implementation of Loops, Switch Statement & Case control structures.
4. Functions, Preprocessors and Arrays.
|3||Three||1. Strings: Character Data Type, Standard String handling Functions,
2. Arithmetic Operations on Characters. Structures: Definition, using Structures, use of Structures in Arrays and Arrays in structures.
3. Pointers: Pointers Data type,
4. Pointers and Arrays, Pointers and Functions.
5. Solution of Algebraic and Transcendental equations: Bisection method,
6. Regula-Falsi method,
7. Secant method, Newton-Raphson’s method. Newton’s iterative method for finding pth root of a number,
8. Order of convergence of above methods.
9. Simultaneous linear algebraic equations: Gauss-elimination method, Gauss- Jordanmethod,
10. Triangularization method (LU decomposition method). Crout’s method, CholeskyDecomposition method,
11. Iterative method, Jacobi’s method, Gauss-Seidal’s method, Relaxationmethod.
Nice to know
- W. Kernighan and D.M. Ritchie : The C Programming Language, 2nd Edition,
- Rajaraman : Programming in C, Prentice Hall of India, 1994,
- Byron S. Gottfried : Theory and Problems of Programming with C, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co. Ltd.,1998,
- K. Jain, S.R.K.Lyengar, R.K. Jain : Numerical Method, Problems and Solutions, New Age International (P), Ltd., 1996.