|S.N||Unit||Topic||Domain||Hours as per UGC|
|1||one||1. Scalar and vector product of three vectors and four vectors,
2. Reciprocal vectors
3. Vector differentiation
4. Scalar valued point function and vector valued point function,
5. Derivative along curve,
6. Directional derivatives.
|2||Two||1. Gradient of scalar point function,
2. Divergence and curl of a vector point function,
3. Characters of Div f and curl f of a vector point function
4. Gradient, Divergence and curl of sums and product and their related vector identities,
5. Laplacian operator,
6. Gradient, Divergence curl and Laplacian operator in terms of orthogonal curvilinear coordinates, Cylindrical coordinates and Spherical coordinates.
|3||Three||1. Vector integration; line integration,
2. Surface integration
3. Volume integration
4. Theorems of Gauss, Green and Stokes and problem based on these theorems
Nice to know
- Murrary R. spiegal : Theory end Problems of Advanced Calculus, Schaum Publishing Company, New York.
- Shanti Narayana : A Text Book of Vector Calculus. S. Chand & Co., New Delhi.