Title – Data Structures Using C (Code-09050407)
B.Sc. (Hons) 4th semester
|S.No.||Topic||Domain||Hours as UGC|
|Data structure and its essence, data structure types, Linear and List structures:Arrays, stacks, queues and lists, Sequential and linked structures, Simple lists, Circular lists, doubly linked lists, Inverted lists, threaded lists, Operations on all these structures and applications||Must know||13|
|Arrays and multidimensional Arrays, Sequential allocation, Address calculations, Sparse arrays, Tree structures: Trees, binary trees and binary search trees, Implementing binary trees, Tree traversal algorithms, threaded trees, trees in search algoritms, AVL Trees||Must know||10|
|Graph data structure and their applications, Graph traversals, , shortest paths, spanning trees and related algoritms, Family of B-Trees: B-tree, B*-Trees, B+Trees||Must know||10|
|Sorting: Internal and External sorting, Various sorting algorithms, Time and space complexity of algorithms, Searching techniques and Merging algorithms, Applications of sorting and searching in computer science||Must Know||12|
- Lipschutz: Data Structures (Schaum’s Outline Series), Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Adam Drozdek: Data Structures and Algorithms in C++, Vikas Pub. House (Thmpson), New Delhi.
- Gupta Amit: Data Structures Through C, Galgotia Booksource Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Sofat S.: Data Structures With C and C++, Khanna Book Pub. Co.(P) Ltd, N. Delhi.
- Dromey R.G: How to Solve it by Computer ?, Prentice Hall India.
- Loomis: Data Structure and File Management, Prentice-Hall India Ltd.
- Tannenbaum: Data Structure Using C, Tata McGraw-Hill.