Title: Organic Special -III (Code-09040315)
|S.No.||Topic||Domain||Hours as per UGC|
|1||General behaviour and Classification of hetero cyclic compounds,||desirable to know||8|
|Criteria of aromaticity, Tautomerism|
|Synthesis and reactions of 1, 3-Azoles: Imidazole||must know|
|Synthesis and reactions of 1, 3-Azoles: Thiazole|
|Synthesis and reactions of 1, 3-Azoles: Oxazole|
|2||Detailed study of Pyrimidines, Purines||must know||8|
|Structural elucidation of uric acid & Caffeine|
|Structure of Nucleosides & Nucleotides|
|General synthesis of Nucleotides & polynucleotides||desirable to know|
|3||General methods of formation, General study of reactions with their mechanisms of Nitrogen Ylides (Ammonium, Immonium, Diazonium and Nitrile) and phosphorus ylides||must know||12|
|General methods of formation, General study of reactions with their mechanisms of Sulphur ylides and their applications.|
|4||Relation between physiological action and chemical constitution of Antimalarial, antipyretic & analgesic drugs||must know||12|
|Relation between physiological action and chemical constitution of sulphadrugs & Anthelmintic drugs.|
|Relation between physiological action and chemical constitution of antifertility & anticancer drugs.|
- Gupta, R.R., M. Kumar and V. Gupta. Heterocyclic Chemistry.
- Gilchrist, T.L. Heterocyclic Chemistry.
- Ahluwalia, V.K. Heterocyclic Chemistry.
- Ahluwalia, V.K. and R.K. Parashar. Organic Reaction Mechanism.
- 5.Mukherji, S.M., S.P. Singh and R.P. Kapoor. Reaction Mechanism in Organic Synthesis.
- Brahmachari, Gautam. Organic Name Reactions: A Unified Approach.
- Finar, I.L. Organic Chemistry.
- Patrick, Graham. L. An Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry.
- 9 .Wilson, Charles O., Ole Gisvold and Robert F. Doerge. Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- 10 Foye, William., O. Thomas, L. Lemice and David A. Williams Principles of Medicinal Chemistry.
- 11 Wolff and M.E. Burgers, Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery.