Welcome to Faculty of Science
The Faculty of Science aims to become Nation’s foremost academic and research Institutions in developing future leaders and promoting impactful research in Science and allied areas.
We endeavor to achieve Vision through the following Mission:
- Imparting world-class education in the fundamental and applied aspects of sciences and its applications
- Conducting high-impact research, generating new knowledge and disseminating this knowledge through high-indexed publications for scientific advancement and national interest
- Developing knowledge driven activities in various areas for utilization by industry, society and making India global leader of higher education
- Creating sustainable environment for pursuing research in physical and allied sciences with innovations applied to the progress of society and nation
The Faculty of Science formerly known as Faculty of Physical Sciences was established in 2014, providing best quality education and training in the field of Science. Our goal is to change the world by imparting quality education to the students. In the academic year 2014-15, the faculty started its academic activity with undergraduate program, with the aim of exploring knowledge and building capacities of human resource in the field of natural sciences. In the subsequent year, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs were started. The Faculty of Science consists of five departments namely,
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Forensic Science
The most of the faculty members are either Doctorate from reputed Universities/ Institutions or NET/JRF qualified. Most of the faculty members have a good number of years of exposure in various reputed Universities and Research & Development Organizations. Under the guidance of these august faculties the students will be better oriented to understand the recent trends in Academics and Research & Development.
The Faculty of Science provides the state-of-the-art facilities to the students with quality education that match global standards and providing excellent opportunities for the students to interact with students of other professional & non-professional disciplines to gain knowledge about different cultures, facilitating their overall development. The dedicated efforts of the faculty members, valuable guidance of the distinguished personalities, support of university authorities and un-quenching curiosity and enthusiasm of students that the Faculty of Science is progressing rapidly in its academic pursuits and frontline research.
Strength of Faculty of Science
- Qualified and experienced faculty members with National and International exposure
- Updated curriculum as per Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) implemented by UGC
- Creative, Innovative and Interactive Teaching Methodology as per Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) guidelines
- Research Oriented Practical Training
- Each department has its own Association which provides a platform to enhance the student’s skills
- Guest Lectures by Distinguished Personalities
- Regular Visits of students to Research & Development Organizations and Industry
- Robust Mentor – Mentee program to help students stay focused and manage their personal and academic life
- Induction and Orientation Programmes for New students
- Scholars Hub for Meritorious Students
- Sports, Social and Cultural Activities
Career Opportunities, Internships and Placement
The University has a well-equipped and well-staffed Corporate Resource Centre (CRC) that helps students with internships and final placements. The CRC team includes Placement Managers, full-time soft-skills trainers, Language teachers and placement coordinators.
The CRC ensures that students not only get good job opportunities, but are also provided a constant industry interaction during their program. It ties up with industries across verticals to arrange Guest lectures, industry visits, short-term projects, summer internships, industry workshops & trainings and finally placements. The CRC organizes on-campus, off-campus and pool-campus placement drives for students.
- Teaching and Research Position in Government and Non-Government Institutions
- Space Scientist Opportunities in ISRO, IIRS and other reputed places.
- Chemists in Plastic, Textile, Paper, pharmaceutical and ceramic industry.
- Scientist in DRDO, BARC and CSIR Laboratories
- Government Services like IAS, PCS, PO, Banking
- Environmental Consultant in National, NGO and Government Body
- Environmental Scientist in FRI, ZSI, CPCB, SPCB
- Forensic Expert in Crime Investigation, Toxicologist, Medical expert, forensic pathologist