Welcome to Faculty of Science
Faculty of Science formerly known as Faculty of Physical Sciences was established in 2014, providing best quality education and training in the field of Science. Our goal is to change the world by imparting quality education to the students.In the academic year 2014-15, the faculty started its academic activity with undergraduate program, with the aim of exploring knowledge and building capacities of human resource in the field of natural sciences.In the subsequent year, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs were started. The Faculty of Science consists of five departments namely,
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Forensic Sciences.
The most of the faculty members are either doctorate or NET/JRF qualified and many of the faculty members have good number of years of exposure in various reputed Universities and Research and Development Organizations. Therefore under the guidance of these august faculties the students will be better oriented to understand the recent trends in Academics and Research & Development.
The faculty provides the state-of-the-art facilities to the students with quality education that match global standards and providing excellent opportunities for the students to interact with students of other professional & non professional disciplines to gain knowledge about different cultures, facilitating their overall development. Due to the dedicated efforts of the faculty members, valuable guidance of the distinguished personalities, timely support of university authorities and un-quenching curiosity and enthusiasm of students that the faculty is progressing rapidly in its academic pursuits and frontline research.
Strengths of FOSC
- Qualified and experienced faculty members with National and International exposure.
- Updated curriculum as per Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) implemented by UGC.
- Creative, Innovative and Interactive Teaching Methodology as per IQAC guidelines.
- Research Oriented Practical Training
- Each department has its own association which provides a platform to enhance thestudent’sskills.
- Guest Lectures By Distinguished Personalities
- Regular Visits of students to Research & Development Organizations and Industry.
- Robust Mentor – Mentee program to help students stay focused and manage their personal and academic life.
- Induction and Orientation Programmes for New students
- Scholars Hub for Meritorious Students.
- Sports, Social and Cultural Activities.